Our investment arm this year became one of the most active investors in mobility and transport, backing a total of 11 companies. These deals ranged from growth equity investments for well-known companies like Lyft to seed funding for early-stage startups aiming to change the way we move.
InMotion Ventures invests globally in technology start-ups across sectors including mobility services, data analytics, travel and lifestyle, fintech and insurtech.
The 11 companies that joined our portfolio in 2017 are:
- Lyft – the fastest growing ride-sharing platform in the US, which has tripled its revenues in 2017 and launched its services in Canada
- By Miles – providing dynamically priced insurance policies for low mileage drivers based in the UK, using telematics data
- Cove – provides dynamic car-pooling services for residential developments and hotels in Hong Kong
- Dovu – uses blockchain technology to give individuals control over their personal travel data so they can earn rewards and cash incentives for sharing it
- GoKid – innovative car-pooling app for parents
- Sheprd – a leading provider of on-demand mobility solutions for children and parents, operating their own fleet of smart school buses with approved drivers
- Splt – provides impactful solutions for employers who want to encourage employee car-pooling to meet sustainability targets
- Synaptiv – collects and processes vehicle data to support decision-making and provide analytical insight to OEMs and third parties
- Validated – enables retailers to reward loyal customers by reimbursing parking and transport costs
- Wluper – artificial intelligence-powered personal travel assistant, breaking new ground in voice recognition
- Zeelo – demand-responsive coach travel which eases travel between cities and to events
InMotion works closely with founders and co-investors to help these businesses to achieve product-market fit and grow rapidly.
“This year has been a tremendous year for mobility and transport,” says Sebastian Peck, Managing Director of InMotion Ventures. “A new crop of mobility companies has emerged that will provide consumers with even more choice in moving from A to B.
“We completed 11 investments in less than 12 months. The pace of our investment activity reflects the overall dynamic of the sector. Our team of investment professionals has put InMotion firmly on the map this year, and we look forward to the opportunities 2018 brings.”
Get all the InMotion news in your inbox by signing up to our newsletter.